Indian Recipe for Lunch with Masala Bhindi
Watch Marut Sikka work his magic with freshly bought okra. Grab some mustard oil, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, finely-chopped onions, ginger and a pinch of amchoor. We promise you’ll make this recipe a regular affair in your weekly menu.
- 250 gm bhindi
- 1 small bowl of water
- 7-8 Tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp jeera seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 small bowl finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt – to taste
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 1/2 tsp amchoor powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Heat oil add jeera and fennel seeds, let them splutter.
- Add the onions and lightly brown them.
- Add ginger and some water, stir.
- Add the turmeric powder and stir again.
- Mix in the bhindi. Pour in the rest of the water and continue stirring.
- Mix in the bhindi well and add the salt.
- Sprinkle fennel powder, amchoor powder and sugar.
- Mix again and sprinkle the pepper powder.
- Add the lime juice, stir well and serve.
source : food.ndtv.com